Table of Contents
- 1 Join Us for Our 16th Annual Buffalo River Fest
Join Us for Our 16th Annual Buffalo River Fest
The Valley Community Association’s 16th Annual “Buffalo River Fest” is scheduled for:
Friday, June 17th from 6pm to Midnight
Saturday, June 18th from 11am to Midnight
Sunday, June 19th 11am to 5pm
Buffalo River Fest Park, located at 249 Ohio Street, Buffalo, NY, near Michigan Avenue.
There will be fun for the whole family! Events include the Rigidized Metals River Fest Regatta, a waterfront photo and memorabilia display, “I Got It” Bingo, food and refreshments, a kids area, vendors, historic walking tours, live entertainment, a Father’s Day fishing contest, and more!!
Get the lowdown from Buffalo Rising
Join the 15th Annual RIGIDIZED RIVER FEST REGATTA
Saturday, June 18, 2016 – 11AM start
ENTRY FEE (non-refundable):
- $20/boat pre-registration ($25 day of event) for kayaks and canoes
- $30/boat pre-registration ($35 day of event) for ‘build your own’ boat*
* One fee per boat. All crew members are required to fill out the registration form. Be sure to include the boat’s name you will be sailing with for proper credit.
PRE-REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATE: MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2016 T-Shirt guaranteed with pre-registration only
- Kayak, canoe and paddle board launch: Harlem Rd. & Clinton St., or foot of Smith St.
- ‘Build Your Own’ (3 mile trail only) launch: Foot of Smith St.
- Both end at Dead Man’s Creek
United States Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) are MANDATORY per the United States Coast Guard. Shuttle Information: Drop off craft at Harlem Rd. or Smith St.; drive vehicle to Ohio St. to park. Board shuttle bus back to start point to begin Regatta.
Design, build and “Float Your Boat” at this year’s Rigidized Riverfest Regatta and find Treasure! No restrictions and no limitations other than your imagination. All entries will be judged for creativity by an esteemed panel of Buffalo River Enthusiasts. Start dreaming and get building.
Become a Sponsor of River Fest
Through the support of sponsors, the Valley Community Association sparked a renewal along the Ohio Street Corridor to the Buffalo River. It is with support of sponsors that the VCA created public access to the Buffalo River and built recreational opportunities in this neighborhood. Become part of the team and support the Buffalo’s renewal.
Contact Peg Overdorf, Executive Director at 716-823-4707 ext. 2 to meet and discuss partnership opportunities
Be a Vendor
We are looking for artisans and crafters to sell their wares. We offer a 10×10 space. Vendors must supply their own tables, tents and electric. Fill out a vendor application here.