Table of Contents
- 0.1 The Valley Community Association’s 17th Annual “Buffalo River Fest” is scheduled for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2017.
- 0.2 HIGHLIGHT – E.M. Cotter Fireboat boat rides on Friday and Saturday (reservations required).
- 0.3 HIGHLIGHT – On Sunday is 11am, InTomes.com will sponsor a Fathers Day Kids Fishing Contest. Come fish on with your favorite dad and kiddo.
- 1 Join for RIGIDIZED RIVER FEST REGATTA
- 2 Become a Sponsor of River Fest
- 3 Be a Vendor
- 4 Applications are Available HERE
The Valley Community Association’s 17th Annual “Buffalo River Fest” is scheduled for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2017.
Buffalo River Fest Schedule
- 6pm to Midnight on Friday, June 16
- 11am to Midnight on Saturday, June 17
- 1pm to 5pm on Sunday, June 18
Buffalo River Fest Park, located at 249 Ohio Street, Buffalo, NY, near Michigan Avenue.
There will be fun for the whole family! Events include the Rigidized Metals River Fest Regatta, a waterfront photo and memorabilia display, “I Got It” Bingo, food and refreshments, a kids area, vendors, historic walking tours, live entertainment, a Father’s Day fishing contest, and more!!
HIGHLIGHT – E.M. Cotter Fireboat boat rides on Friday and Saturday (reservations required).
HIGHLIGHT – On Sunday is 11am, InTomes.com will sponsor a Fathers Day Kids Fishing Contest. Come fish on with your favorite dad and kiddo.
Live entertainment will be taking place all weekend! Entertainment includes
- Breakaway (Friday)
- Hit & Run (Saturday)
- Screaming Pineapples (Sunday)
More entertainment will be added throughout the weekend as well.
Join for RIGIDIZED RIVER FEST REGATTA
Saturday, June 18, 2016 – Check in at Launch Point begins at 10:00am with an 11am sharp start
ENTRY FEE (non-refundable):
- $20/boat pre-registration ($25 day of event) for kayaks and canoes
- $30/boat pre-registration ($35 day of event) for ‘build your own’ boat*
* One fee per boat. All crew members are required to fill out the registration form. Be sure to include the boat’s name you will be sailing with for proper credit.
PRE-REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATE: MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2016 T-Shirt guaranteed with pre-registration only
- Kayak, canoe and paddle board launch: Harlem Rd. & Clinton St., or foot of Smith St.
- ‘Build Your Own’ (3 mile trail only) launch: Foot of Smith St.
- Both end at Dead Man’s Creek
United States Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) are MANDATORY per the United States Coast Guard. Shuttle Information: Drop off craft at Harlem Rd. or Smith St.; drive vehicle to Ohio St. to park. Board shuttle bus back to start point to begin Regatta.
Design, build and “Float Your Boat” at this year’s Rigidized Riverfest Regatta and find Treasure! No restrictions and no limitations other than your imagination. All entries will be judged for creativity by an esteemed panel of Buffalo River Enthusiasts. Start dreaming and get building.
Become a Sponsor of River Fest
Through the support of sponsors, the Valley Community Association sparked a renewal along the Ohio Street Corridor to the Buffalo River. It is with support of sponsors that the VCA created public access to the Buffalo River and built recreational opportunities in this neighborhood. Become part of the team and support the Buffalo’s renewal.
Be a Vendor
We are looking for artisans and crafters to sell their wares. We offer a 10×10 space. Vendors must supply their own tables, tents and electric.